1/2 quart milk of your choice (one quart is 946 ML)
A handful of raisins
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 packet of dry vermicelli (found in most indian grocery stores)
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1. In a non-stick saucepan, heat up the oil.
2. Break up the vermicelli and add to the hot oil. Fry until it browns.
3. Add milk and simmer until the vermicelli is completely soft and the milk starts to thicken up.
4. Add the sugar and the raisins and continue to simmer stirring all the while. After 10-15 minutes, remove from heat. If you see that the consistency is too dry, add more milk.
5. Add a couple of drops of rosewater if you wish.
Recommendations: Can be served hot or cold.
Recipe by Sabina Huq