1 can of mango pulp (850 g or 1 lb)
500 ml half & half (milk & cream)
1 litre of light whip cream
1 and 1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons gelatin (can be substituted for halal gelatin from desi stores)
1 and 1/2 to 1 and 3/4 water
1. Dissolve gelatin in water over low heat on the stove whilst stirring all the while.
2. Whip up the whipped cream and set aside in the fridge.
3. Mix together half of the ingredients in a jug (mango pulp, half & half, sugar, gelatin). Shake well and pour into a large bowl.
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a jug and pour into a bowl. Add whipped cream and beat well using a hand beater. Pour into separate serving bowls or cups and cool in fridge.
5. If you’re aiming to impress: when serving decorate with more whipped cream, a fresh mint leaf, a small slice of mango, blueberry or strawberry.
Recommendations: This dessert is perfect for a party. Can also be made into the shape of a cake or using baking utensils, into any shape you want!
Recipe submitted by Humaira Mian