All turkeyed out? Well here’s yet another idea for what to do with left over turkey if you’re tired of eating it the traditional way with gravy and veggies!
Click image to enlarge
Left over turkey (de-boned if you wish)
1 packet of frozen sweetcorn or 1 can
2 stems spring onions/scallions
Salt and pepper to taste (about 1 tsp each)
1 cup of Quinoa. Soak in warm water for 15 minutes and drain well.
Optional: any left over veggies you feel like adding (ie. potato)
Optional: Decorate with fresh coriander/cilantro leaves
1. In a pan, boil some hot water.
2. Add the turkey and boil for 20 mins. (If you have any baked potatoes left, or any other veggies you’d like to add, chop it up and throw it in).
3. Add the sweetcorn and 1 cup of quinoa and continue to simmer for 20 mins.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Allow to simmer on low heat for another 10-15 mins, then add sliced spring onions/scallions. Remove from heat. It really doesn’t get any easier than this!
Recommendations: Serve with crusty bread or cornbread. Enjoy!!
If you would like to share your “turkey leftover” recipes, please email me your recipe along with a pic to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipe & image by Sabina Huq