Quick and easy, and less than 30 minutes to make!
2 small potatoes
Spices: 1/4 tsp Cumin, 1/4 tsp Coriander, Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Wash and cut the potatoes and place in microwave for 4 minutes. (You don’t want to boil the potatoes since they’ll release too much moisture).
2. Mash up the potatoes and add 1 can of tuna.
3. Add a handful of sliced scallions/spring onions, less than a 1/4 finely diced onion, 1 diced chilli (optional), 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp coriander powder and mix all ingredients well.
4. Add 2 eggs to bind the mixture and mix all ingredients together really well.
5. Roll mixture into balls and flatten with your hands just once.
6. Place in deep fryer, and fry till golden and relatively crispy.
7. Decorate on a bed of lettuce and serve hot.
Recipe submitted by Mrs. Saqui Huq