Click on image to enlarge
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
3 cups of plain white basmati rice
3/4 can of lite coconut milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup of frozen peas
Rice Cooker Method
1. Wash the rice carefully in the rice cooker or using a seive.
2. Transfer to the rice cooker and add 1/3 can of lite coconut milk (shaking or stirring it well first), 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 cup of frozen peas, and 1 regular sized mug of water.
3. Stir well and let the rice cooker do the work. Do not stir again.
Stove -top method
1. Wash the rice carefully in a pan or using a seive.
2. Add 1 mug of cold water, 1/3 can of lite coconut milk (shake or stir well first), a pinch of salt, and 1/2 cup of peas.
3. Turn the heat up and allow to boil for 12-15 minutes. Once you see that the water has started to evaporate, turn the heat down to a minimum and put the lid on. Simmer for about 5 minutes. When all the water dries up remove from heat.
Recipe & image by Sabina Huq