This dish is non spicy, easy to make and very healthy! You’ll want to make it in a large saucepan due to the quantity of water used.
2-4 pieces/fillets of fresh cod. (Can also use Haddock, or Tilapia as these too are boneless).
1 bunch of fresh mint
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil
Spices: 1/2 tsp Turmeric, 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1. Wash and dry the fish. Leave the fillets whole.
2. Dice 1/2 onion finely and fry in a little oil. Once brown, add 4 whole garlic cloves.
3. Add the turmeric and salt and fry for about a minute.
4. Place the fish in the pan and fry for one minute. No need to cut the fish.
5. Add water (about 2 mugs full) and let the curry simmer for atleast 10-12 minutes. When you stir the curry, the fish should fall apart. That’s ok, that’s the way we want it.
6. Wash the mint and flake off into the pan. I like to make the curry really minty by adding the whole bunch.
7. Let simmer for another 10 minutes and remove from heat.
Recommendations: Goes well with brown rice, wild rice or plain white basmati rice.
Recipe by Sabina Huq