Sweet Potatoes are a healthier low-carb alternative to regular russet potatoes. Try this tasty, low effort dish.
1/4 red onion
3 green chillies
(Optional) 1 tsp of mustard oil
Salt to taste
1. Peel, wash and cut the sweet potato into really small cubes and boil as you would for mashed potato. Add a sprinkle of salt, but no butter or milk. Boil until all the potatoes are soft and cooked through.
2. Using a masher, mash up the potato really well.
3. Add the red onion
4. Add the green chillies (however much you like)
5. Add one tsp of mustard oil. This is optional but really does bring out the flavour.
6. Add a generous amount of fresh coriander leaves (aka danya).
7. Add salt to taste and mix well.
Recommendations: Enjoy with brown or white basmati rice and Daal (red or yellow lentil curry).
Recipe by Sabina Huq