A bag of fresh spinach
¼ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp coriander powder, salt to taste
4 cloves of garlic
½ white onion
1. Dice the onion and fry in a touch of oil.
2. Finely dice up 4 cloves of garlic and fry until brown
3. Add the spices as above and a pinch of salt
4. Add ½ the bag of spinach and cook until soft. When the volume of spinach decreases, add the remainder of the bag.
5. Put the lid on and cook for about 10 minutes until soft. You want to make sure it’s not watery by taking the lid off and drying it up a little.
Recommendations: This dish goes well with basmati rice, naan or chapatti, and is usually accompanied by daal (lentil curry).